Saturday, February 4, 2012

january photo-a-day wrap up



I've been having such a great time with Fat Mum Slim's photo-a-day challenge, I wanted to have an excuse to compile all my photos together and see how they all look as a group. I am being a bit of a copy-cat, I have seen a couple of other people doing similar on their blogs, in particular Nikki from Styling You and Megs from Glamourhood. So Nikki and Megs I'm really hoping you are imitation is the sincerest form of flattery kinda girls and not get an original idea you shameless plagiarist kinda girls. Fingers crossed.

So, here is what have I learnt from doing the photo-a-day challenge:

1. I really like being creative for myself 
Whilst I am lucky to have a creative job that I love, working with beautiful people who I adore, I actually really like to have my own voice, and now that I have gotten over my shyness, its great know that people from all over the world are looking at my work.

2. My dreams will never turn into reality if they don't leave my head
I first set up this blog in 2007, that's FIVE years ago. I never really did anything with it, I first started talking about getting serious with it to my sister maybe 6 months or a year ago. But it wasn't until these holidays that I started to tentatively mention it to other people. Who were all so encouraging that I had to just dive in and do it.

3. Perfection doesn't matter and something is better than nothing
There are things that I would have like to have had perfect before starting, and they are still not perfect. And that doesn't matter because I am here and I am doing what I have been wanting to do for a long time and it will get perfect one day. Or it won't and that's okay too.

4. Sometimes I wish that I chose a different shot to tag #JANphotoaday
Nobody is perfect and if you aren't learning and growing you aren't truly alive. So there! But I have learnt that my own personal rules say that the photo has to be taken on the actual day. I cringed putting the childhood photo into the grid, and even though I did take a different photo on that day to keep the 365 photo rule going, it still feels wrong.

5. I love positive comments and likes
I love getting comments and likes on my Instagram photos from both friends and strangers. And I especially like how I have the feeling of getting to know some of the strangers from following their photos and commenting on their photos. And I love that I have had comments on my blog from both friends and strangers (or should I say friends I haven't met)

6. January was awesome!
I had such a great summer. Life is good.

Have you been doing the photo-a-day challenge? What have you learn't along the way? Let me know where you are sharing your photos so I can see your interpretation of the challenges?



2 comments:

  1. I really like your list of what you learnt doing the challenge! What lovely idea! Your photos look fantastic, it has been so nice to have "met" you through instagram. The internet can be wonderful can't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I really have been having fun with it, and totally agree with you, I've liked "meeting" you too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for reading, I love it when people comment so, feel free to click on "comment" and let me know what you think (especially if you have something nice to say!)
ps if it says 0 comments and you change that to 1 you will make me smile x